Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

schroth harnesses

im after some harnesses like the schroth racing harnesses which are detachable from the car quickly.

they clip into the existing seatbelt mounting points in the car and can be taken out quickly. i wnat these because i still want to be able to use the back seats of my car when i get it back. problem is, i dont know who can supply schroth harnesses in the UK?

i tried demon tweeks but they couldnt help. i'm not sure im going to worthersee this year yet, if i do i will get some there but i would be interested in a UK supplier if anyone can help?

regards, Rob

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... S/H4608DFB

This kind of thing? with a release to let you into the back seat area? Only issue is you'll not be able to use rear seats for passengers...

IIRC I bought some similar (but had an "Inertia" roll on the rear strap) from Inters many years ago. But had to return them as the lap belts weren't long enough to fit either my Rocco or Notch's standard belt anchors... Think they were either Schroth or Sabelt.... But were TUV and MOT legal...

nice 1 sir, i shall take a look. i had a word with demon tweeks the other day and they only do the fixed race harnesses, but they must be able to get them if i ask nicely!

yeah i had a look and got a price, so i think i will buy them off there.

did they deliver and everything ok?

Anyone know anything about this "Autocontrol" system?

These look interesting, nice to have a 4 point and the ability to use rear seats...

I've just bought the Autocontrol harnesses but they are 3 point! However they are fantastic.

But you still lose the ability to use teh rear seats. Basically, you either mount them under the rear seats or you use the rear seat belt mounting points which means you lose the use of the rear seat belts rendering it illegal to use your rear seats as the passengers won't be able to belt!

Blue_Joe, NP with rear passengers.. I'm lanky so only Midget amputees need apply!

Do you have any photos? Looking at the site they need to be wired in?

they do need to be wired in as the system incorporates an inertia reel that is then connected to a device that sensors movement, must be mounted upright and seems to have a big metal ball in it! I have a pic on the last page of my members gallery but it's just laid out on my floor as waiting for my cage to go in before the harnesses go in!

i wish i had known this last week! i ordered the harnesses i wanted last thursday!

its not a problem. bought them straight from schrothshop.de. ordered them thursday afternoon and the turned up tuesday morning. that was some seriosly good delivery, wish everyone was that good!