Sign in to follow this  
Crooky

Boost return bolts on the G60!!!?

Hey guys,

I can't get the bolts off that hold the boost recirc pipe in place to the charger!!! They are the 2 bolts holding on the plastic pipe.....

Because they are allon key(spelling!) heads on the bolts, they are so tightly suck on that i am afraid of destroying the head of the bolt. The harder i try and undo them the more the allon key wants to round off the edges and fluck the bolt all together! Tried penetrating fluid but it isn't working.

What do i do???

Alex

I dunno if you want to try an impact driver seeing as the bolts are against the charger but it might work.

if you can get to the sides of the bolts snap on bolt extractors are great. they are designed for removing rounded bolts but work equally well with allen heads.

alternatively hammer a torq or star into the hole and try that. the first suggestion works best from experience of stripping many a manifold etc off a 16v.

Keep trying with wd40 etc, if that doesn't work you could just smash the plastic off with a hammer and chisel!! not the best idea but might be a last resort and it will allow you to get at the bolts with a pair of grips of something?!

Are you replacing it with a deletion kit?

mine were the same when I removed it the other week,found it easier to remove the rad fan to get good access then I used an allen key socket on a 1/4 drive extension gave it a sharp tap to shock it and make sure it was seated 100% came out ok going steady..