Sign in to follow this  
gogs87

head bolts torque settings

Does anyone know what the torque settings or have a diagram for the sequence of doing the the cylinder head bolts for my 2.0 16v?

Would buy a manual but running on a very tight budget and need to get the headgasket changed and kr cam in. Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Does anyone know what the torque settings or have a diagram for the sequence of doing the the cylinder head bolts for my 2.0 16v?

Would buy a manual but running on a very tight budget and need to get the headgasket changed and kr cam in. Much appreciated if anyone can help.

torque settings can vary from one manufacturers bolts to another, should be around 40NM then 60NM then 180 degrees to stretch

BTW, a golf or passat haynes manual will have the info and should set you back less than a fiver from e-bay.

should i replace all the bolts or will the ones already in be ok?

you can get away with it once (re-stretching bolts) but it's not advisable, they are designed to be used once only and a snapped head bolt in the block could be a real PITA

thanks mate thats a great help, il go for the head bolts aswell then, just to be on the safe side. cheers