Sign in to follow this  
Youngy

Wheels

I have recently bought a 1990 Corrado 1.8 16v. It was pretty tatty and running rough when I bought it but I've had all the body work done/refurbed and all the engine faults sorted so she is running mint and the body looks sweet. The only problem is the wheels, is lowered 40mm on 17 inch BBS rims but they are kerbed something rotten so I want new wheels. I'm thinking 17 inch wolfrace octanes, or maybe go Euro look and go for 15's. What are your opinions? will 15's be too small? Will black 17' look alright? Its silver by the way

cheers

you can have a look at plenty of the gallerys on here, folk are running 15s, 16s, 17s, some even manage to fit 18s under the arch, with a little work.

it's all down to personal taste really mate. Some think the ride is too hard on smaller tyres (17s and 18s), personally I run 17s OZ Racing on mine, and the ride has never been an issue, and after running them, anything with 15s looks weird, and very small.

I would go for 17s if I was you, but as I said, it's personal preference, I just think 17s seem to fill the arch better.

It all depends on style too, they are alot of wheels for sale that would fit your car here, they are always popping up, after a refurb, so just scout about, and look at some pics :)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum, I think we have half the population of the Isle of Man here now :lol:

Dave

haha, quality, am guessing theres a few from the Island then?

I am mostly pointing towards 17 inch wolfrace Octanes. Just love the black with the poliches lip. would think about getting smoked rer lights aswell but not too sure if they'd look decent or not!!?

The corrado's silver, but I don't know if I have seen any silver corrado's with black wheels or even smoker tail lights :?:

Silver is a hard one, although on first look you'd think you get everything matching and nice (Alloys, etc all silver) the colours are never the same.

hard to say mate, maybe trawl the gallerys and do a search and see what you can find.

Silvers the hardest colour for this sort of thing imo

I am stuggling to find many satin silver examples.

The wheels I want to put on her have to be perfect, I've spent nearly 2 and a half grand in the last 3 months getting my corrado back to good condition from the state it was in when I bought it, all it needs now is a nice new set of wheels.

I was also thinking about 17 inch Wolfrace Voodoo's.

Youngy, What are the BBS? Not too many 17's available for the 4-stud, unfortunately...

You may find you'll be able to swap them for something you like more? Don't discount finding something in Silvr and getting then re-furbed to black too.

Sling a photo up and lets see em...

To be honest, am not sure what the BBS wheels are called. but I'll try and post some piccy's up, but it's so hard trying to decide on some wheels for a silver corrado. Was thinking balck wish a polished lip but the back lights would then look funny :?: So, even though Xbones says no, the best I can thik of atm is voodoo's!