Sign in to follow this  
cvw

fecked

car wont bleedin start just had to call recovery on insurance they are on there way now to pick me up in manchester city centre .

when i turn the ignition seems like there is some power from the battery because i can hear lots of clicking but nowts turnin over could this be starter motor , hope not it is only two months old from gsf.

The clicking could be the relays, if the battery is almost completely dead then you'll usually hear the realys clicking but there's not enough juice to turn the car over etc...

Hope it goes alright!

okay so recovery came and wired the car up tohis wagon using 12v and it still wouldn't go so he said he would turn it up to 18v? car started and sounded great well chuft. he then pre ceeds to rev it like a motha till i can smell burnin rubber . left for home and got half way funny noises from the engine bay and battery light comes on, steering goes mega heavy and half a tank of fuel dissapears . pulled over looked under hood and i now have no belts on alternator, power steering pump and the other pully which i think is the water pump(?) pulleys have been squeeking for two ndays . is this an easy job to sort at home or is it a garage jobbie..........

cheers folks