Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

KR Cam now runs like a bag of nails.

Popped in a KR cam into my 2.0l 16v today. Managed to get it started but idles really slow (needle shows below 500rpm) and has trouble staying running. I drove it up the road just to turn it around and it almost felt like there was nothing until around 2000rpm then it just went really smooth. But still sounds lump as hell when idling. Does this sound like a symptom of the cams being a tooth out? The marks on the cam where level with each other but where just a little higher then the side of the head. Need some comments please from anyone who did the KR cam mod themselves. I gotta go work on monday!

Well, I haven't got a 2l or done the cam mod, but yes, sounds very likely to be a timing problem.

is the ignition timing in the right place? they are a pain to get all the marks right,double check then triple check all marks

Thanks for you input peeps. I re-did the cams yesterday and fired it up and it sounded like it was running on 3 but after about 1 minute and sounded like normal and has been running fine since. I didnt manage to drive it until today but i took it out for a bit of a blast to see how it performed and all i can say is that it was a nice improvement. I definately pulls smoother around 5500-6500 rpm. Not sure how much quicker it is but its definately nicer to drive. No real loss of low end i don't reckon which is nice.

its worth noting that with the kr cam you can rev to 7600rpm instead of the 2l 16v lower red line if the limiter lets you

it will be an ignition retard not a fuel cut, but when i put a 2l in my 1.8 using k-jet i could rev to 7600rpm, try it,

Might give it a go once I have got my fueling sorted. My car will only start if i have it set stupidly rich, but then its running around 10% CO. Something dodgy going on. I'm gonna have a go at putting that other meterhead you sent me and see if its any better.