Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

I just wondered....

what price would you guys and gals expect to see my corrado advertisied for if it was for sale?

I bought it as a cat d - it had needed a new slam panel, wing, headlight, bumper, bonnet was repaired (but ive since put a brand new bonnet on)...all cosmetic but all sorted. It was also completly stripped out when I got it and Ive rebuilt it to its current state.

1995 (N Reg) Supercharged Corrado VR6

Z-Engineering Stage 2 charger

cat 1 alarm and immob. with remote central locking

Full service history

Brand new bonnet

grey leather interior (heated front seats)

FK Highsports

New tyres

Borbet A's 5 x 100 (with a spare 7.5 and 9)

colour coded delocked passat handles

colour coded rocker cover

colour coded charger casing

colour coded debadged grille

colour coded eyebrow

Rear strut brace

ebc red pads (fonts)

Zimmermann cross drilled and vented front disks

new standard rear disks (skimmed 3mm)

Receipts from previous owners and ive kept all receipts

Re-mapped by chipwizards

Sprayed by Chris at the phirms bodyshop

no expense spared

new charger belts

new head gasket (Checked the head and its fine)

new chain tensioner (Checked the chains and they are fine)

rear badges taken off the rear panel (apart from the VW badge) and smoothed.

Front and rear lupo wipers.

Half smoked/red rear lights.

smoked side indicators

K&N Cone filter

pulled arches

purple samcos

purple SFS hoses

ss zorst

Last rolling road it was running at 284 bhp and 261.7 lbft but it has had a new belt put on since then as the old one was worn and slipping and Im yet to put it on a power run. Probably at least another 10bhp but I cant give accurate figures.

erm....I cant think what else

Just wanted rough figures from you guys and gals.

i just wondered.....................

(sorry this isn't very relevant to your thread)

But, when did the charger go on? (mileage) and do you have to do much work to the rest of engine when fitting it? rebuild etc

cat - d and high mileage, it would prob be better off buying a low mileage c, and do a complete transplant to get the highest value, and break the rest of this one.

BUT, on ebay anything is possible, and theres a vr with cream leather at 6000 at the moment, so possibly 4k upwards.

it went on last year. It had done 8k i think when I got it. Nope, my engine is totally standard until its recent garage vist where it is having the head gasket replaced and the chain tensioner. My engine is a very strong one though :) Just depends what state your engine is in really at the time you fit it. If mine wasnt as strong as it is/was I wouldnt have put the charger on.

Having said that I knew the gasket was slowly going, the charger just made it go a bit quicker. But I didnt want to wait for it to completley go bang before I fixed it.

cat - d and high mileage, it would prob be better off buying a low mileage c, and do a complete transplant to get the highest value, and break the rest of this one.

BUT, on ebay anything is possible, and theres a vr with cream leather at 6000 at the moment, so possibly 4k upwards.

Its not that high mileage compared to others. Was there apoint in your statement pointing out the obvious ?

4k? really? hmm

A Low mileage corrado does not necessarily mean its in better condition than mine. Depends on how the owners have treated it. Id prefer to buy a higher mileage one with full history and know the owner treated it right than a low mileage one with none

yeh I know I asked. Thats just my opinion on buying a car.4k up is a good price. Anyone else?

Ofcourse, but then again id prefer to buy a low mileage one with fsh. And pref with no accident damage, repaired or not.

To an enthusiast, i doubt it will make a huge difference, after all its the spec they would be looking for, and im sure yours will get a hell of a lot of interest.

In my opinion the cat D side of it means very little to me neither does the mileage, to be honest when your goin to buy a car your buying the piece of metal in front of you not the records on HPI's computer or the numbers on a digital speedo, I always buy things on face value even service history means nothing as its so easy to forge !!!!!

Just my 2 pence worth

Jimmi............

hmmm...not liking where this thread is going....

you forgot the pulled arches, samcos, SFS hoses, remote central locking with the alarm. Prob a load of other things not mentioned but cant think of them at present.

Gav

Don't even think about it, Nikki!

Very difficult to put a price on it really- £5K?

No matter what anyone says, Cat D defo puts people off, although anyone who really knows the car would probably pay good money for it.

Don't even think about it, Nikki!

Very difficult to put a price on it really- £5K?

No matter what anyone says, Cat D defo puts people off, although anyone who really knows the car would probably pay good money for it.

Im not selling up I just wanted to know how much people would buy it for.

By the way CazzaVR the head and chains were checked today.....they are still going strong and are spot on. They are originals! :) Just thought you may want to know.

glad to hear your not selling Zed, as for price Nikki, there was a 95 charged vr6 in performance vw last autumn time for sale. it had about 40k less miles (that does not matter) but had none of your little touches. and it was advertised for????????????

£6500. :shock:

3 days after the magazine came out, i phoned the guy up, to see if it had sold?? and yes it had been sold 2 days after PVW was on the shelves :shock:

karl

even service history means nothing as its so easy to forge !!!!!

But it's also very easy to check if it's been forged Jimmi!

By the way CazzaVR the head and chains were checked today.....they are still going strong and are spot on. They are originals! :) Just thought you may want to know.

That's good to hear 8)