Sign in to follow this  
metz

Higher milage?

Depends what you mean by looked after? A bit more details, I would expect most major parts to have been replaced (bushes, supercharger renewal at least once probably coming up for another renewal, fueling parts, cooling parts etc).

Saying that if it was a good car I wouldnt let it bother me. Give us some more details to go on please.

Welcome to the forum as well. Corrados are an addiction, felt I should warn you!

Need to look through the receipts. generally if there is full history and receipts for everything then 148k isnt a problem.

Yea the bhp doesn't interest me too much as i would have thought it would be more like 175/180bhp. but aslong as its straight and clean iam happy.

With is only having an m.o.t recently i would have thought it was deemed road worthy anyway but i will look.

I read about rust on the front cross member behind the bumper, is this a lay on ur back job to see or can u view potential problems from inside the engine bay?

Yea saw that but i'm in sheffied so it might aswell be in another country. :-(

I know its a long way but for a good car I would say its worth it. I spent just under 2 hours on that back of my mates motorbike when I went to get my first corrado. Glad I did it cause it was a great car. You will have the car for longer than you will remember the inconvience of travelling a bit further.

And it will work out cheaper (hopefully) in the long run!

I travelled nearly 3 hours to get my C and almost drove 6 hours to scotland to get one :shock:

I think the right car is definately worth travelling for imo.

Just didn't fancy a god awful train journey to end up disapointed..i think my standards are higher than the cash i have at the minute with most of the rado's i have seen.

Completely agree. When I got my first Corrado, the G60, I drove about 2 hours to get it, and funnily enough that had 148k on the clock as well..... 8)

Just didn't fancy a god awful train journey to end up disapointed..i think my standards are higher than the cash i have at the minute with most of the rado's i have seen.

I would say the one I posted would be better than the ebay one

203.9 miles from here..finding a lift to view is more of a pain than anything else..2 mates already panicked about distance and backed out lol. :-)

Travelling should never put you off a potentially good car. To buy my Rado i set off on the 550 mile round trip at 4pm. Got inevitebly lost, got there at 10.30pm and pitch black therefore breaking one of my golden rules of never looking at a car in the dark. Did my best to examine it, looked through all the paperwork and docs, then put trust in my many years of looking at and buying cars and put a deposit on it. Drove all the way home, got in bed ar 3.30am and had to be up at 5.30 am to do a 12hr shift at work.

Then of course i had to do the trip again to pick it up lol!!!!

What i tend do it is to use it as an excuse for a road trip. Get a bunch of mates together, look where the nearest town is to where the car is located, book youerselves into a b+b and go on the lash. You can view the car all weekend then with no rush. And lets face it, theres nowt better than hitting a town where nobody knows you haha!!!