Sign in to follow this  
swginn

2.0 16V 9A Belts Change

Alternator belt snapped on me today, so have decided I'll replace the power steering belt as well while I'm at it (it needs to come off anyway as far as I know?)

Have trawled through plenty of threads but can't seem to find one on the 2.0 valver, plenty on the 1.8 mind you!

Anyway I just need to know how to remove the power steering belt. I'm assuming the alternator/water pump belt is an easy swap once the PS pulley is out of the way?

Any specific tools I'll need besides the usual spanners and sockets?

Are these the correct part no's for the new belts?

037 903 137E

027 903 137

Any help much appreciated!! Not the most mechanically minded but am a broke student so can't afford to pay somebody to do it!

2L 16v belts are basically the same as the earlier 1.8 16v cars with the exception that the PS belt doesn't drive the water pump, it's a straight drive from crank pulley to PS pump pulley.

The alternator belt drives both alternator and waterpump whereas the 1.8's (apart from the late 1990/91 cars that are the same as 2L's) have an additional idler pulley to deflect the alternator belt around the waterpump.

So, the loosening of brackets etc. to slacken the PS belt and remove is much the same process as the 1.8:

pics of bolts to undo

Cheers Dave,

Looks straightforward enough, I'll give it a go this morning... Corrado over College everytime! :lol: