Sign in to follow this  
klin

running 95ron

new to the forum,got a 92 g60 at the wknd,great car

previous owner kept it immaculate,had alot of engine work done

bored out to1900,ported head,68mm pulley,cam,4branch manifold

chipped by g-werks to run on 98ron

problem is i live in ireland and can only get 95ron,i can get shell v-power but ithink its only 95ron aswell.will i need to get it remapped to run on 95ron,and will i be damaging the engine if driven on 95ron

any help would be great

Welcome to the forum... V-Power is what you need

The dizzy will be at about 7 degrees to run on 98 so it will feel slugish on 95 - if you have real problems getting it then I would get the ignition timing set back to standard (ie either use one or the other)

been running it on v-power since i got it home,its running fine,definately not sluggish,just checked shell website,v-power in uk is 99ron in uk but only 95ron in ireland according to website,rip-off ireland at its best

time to get the timing set back,getting it rolling roaded soon so will do the whole lot at once,cheers,i think im addicted to g60s after only a week

Surely it has to be wrong that V Power is sold under that name in Ireland when the whole advertising garb surrounding the fuel is its high octane properties. That must be blatant false advertising. If your V Power is only 95 ron it begs the question what the heck is the octane rating of your standard Shell fuel?

What about Tesco's high octane fuel Klin, that stuffs 99 ron too and i used it in my imported GT4 with no noticable differance from UK v-power. Much cheaper as well.

yeah i know its head wrecking but according to the shell ireland website it says its 95ron only cleaner to enviroment and cleans engine and more efficent,looks like ill have to get it de-tuned a bit

Before you retard the ignition timing, it's worthwhile having a quick chat with Darren at G-Werks to see whether your chip has still got the oem 95-octane fuel maps (should have), in which case you may not need to retard the timing at all. The engine through its knock sensor will detect any pinking and run a lower octane fuel map, if present.

I also run a 100-octane fuel map chip, that's also got the 98-octane map, but did not advance the ignition timing beyond 6° BTDC.

Tempest

thanks tempest true gent,sent pm to g-man and emailed g-werks

hopefully ill get a reply and i can get on with enjoyin all things g60