Sign in to follow this  
weskos

G60 problem!! OH SH**E!!

Hiya all, i have been running my G60 for around 3-4 days now and noticed that the exhaust is blowing (pretty bad) between the manifold and the downpipe. i have just been on the motorway and the oil light was flashing and beeping. When examining under my bonnet it looks like someone has shoved a grenade into an oil can.

I currently have a boost re-circulation deletion kit on, and where the pipe what comes out of the rocker cover used to join the main infeed pipe, i have a small filter. Most of the oil seems to have come from here but im not sure. Is this problem due to back pressure from the blowing exhaust??? PLEASE tell me thats all it is. I have tried to to a searh and cant find a thing. Cheers and any info will be sweet!! Thanks.

Hiya all, i have been running my G60 for around 3-4 days now and noticed that the exhaust is blowing (pretty bad) between the manifold and the downpipe. i have just been on the motorway and the oil light was flashing and beeping. When examining under my bonnet it looks like someone has shoved a grenade into an oil can.

I currently have a boost re-circulation deletion kit on, and where the pipe what comes out of the rocker cover used to join the main infeed pipe, i have a small filter. Most of the oil seems to have come from here but im not sure. Is this problem due to back pressure from the blowing exhaust??? PLEASE tell me thats all it is. I have tried to to a searh and cant find a thing. Cheers and any info will be sweet!! Thanks.

With regards to the oil filter on the breather. Looks like you've had a boost return fitted (removal of the pipe from the bottom of the throttle body, picking up a feed from the oil breather, and the heading back into the right hand side of the charger). You will get a mist of oil over the inside of the bay from that. Best to fit a tube going off underneath the car from the oil breather, or fit a catch tank. Other possibility is that you've blown a seal in the charger, then you'd get loads of oil coming out from the bottom of the throttle body. Hate to say it, but time to clean it all up and check where it is coming from.

IMHO the oil is probably not connected with the blowing from the manifold.

Im not sure what your problem is, but if the oil light is beeping you need to pull over and stop driving ASAP. That means the oil pressure is low. Oil starvation will wreck your charger and engine.

I currently have a mystery oil leak too. Im gunking the engine tomorrow morning to try and isolate where its coming from, as the whole engine is coated at present.

When this happend to me it was the rubber seal on the oil filter,

Caused by a stuck pressure release valve on the oil pump housing :-(

Easy enough to check though! :-)

if the exhaust manifold is blowing, it's possible that the exhaust gas has been blowing onto the rocker cover gasket, melting the rubber and causing your oil leak. That's not 100% certain though, and it still could be a problem somewhere else, especially the oil seal inside the supercharger which would throw oil into the boost pipes and out where you say you've got lots of oil...

As said above, DO NOT run the engine while the beeper and oil light are on or you WILL damage your engine in a rather expensive way... :|

In any case, get professional advice if you're not confident in your own abilities to fix this properly... :?