Sign in to follow this  
sane

Overheating and blown matrix

Storm's a bit poorly.

After a winter under cover, I start her up and she blows the matrix after overheating!

After reading similar searches I have the following guestions, please can the gurus on here help with some direction.

1. The plug pulled off the tswitch is round with terminals in a triangle fashion. I crossed the two outside one's and the high speed fan came on with ignition on. Any other combination including ignition off no fans come on, just the pump noise when crossing middle (top) with right (outside).

What does this mean about the Themo Switch ?

2. Left the engine to warm up-top hose hot bottom hose cold!. When I turned the engine off the bottom hose became hot!

What does this mean about the Stat?

3. How would I check if the water pump is ok?

On the other and much bigger problem is the Matrix.

1. Spoke to Vince at Stealth and he said 8 hrs @ 45+vat and 100 for the Matrix , ouch!

Was looking to do the matrix myself BUT does having the Daivia AC make this a big complication getting everything out? Originally and having seen thread I wanted to have a go with dash in.

There are some great blokes on this board when it comes to technical wizardry, if anyone needs some cash and can easily fix the above mentiond jobs then im happy talk about it, Just wanna be on the road again. Im in west London or if I fix the overheating asap I can obviously travel.

All the best, Daniel