Sign in to follow this  
tattyrado

Electric window problems

I'm having some trouble with my windows on my '92 G60. I've read loads of the previous threads about it but still need help.

On the drivers side, my window is stuck 3/4 down. When I press the switch I can hear the control box in the back click and the motor in the door makes a click too. I've checked the wires between the switch and the motor, and current is passing through when the switch is pressed, but all I get from the motor is a little click.

So whats wrong? Is the motor knackered? If so can I fix it or do I need to replace it, and how the hell do you get it out of the door once you've drilled the rivets out?

Any help gratefully received, I've got a whole different problem with the passenger side one, but I'll try and tackle this one first.

Sounds a bit like mine. The cable snapped and got stuck in the motor. try feeling up the centre bit of channel for the wire that moves the window.

It's really hard work to get it out of the door once you've drilled the rivts out, it's too small a hole for the mech. it does help to have an assistant who can wiggle the window up and down to get it out though.