Sign in to follow this  
zuko

Buzzin dashboard

Hi lads!

I got some kinda problem with my rado. My dashboard is buzzin at revs 1000 to 4000. I thought that it can be fcked engine mounts, but im not sure. There are some vibrations aswell on clutch pedal, when they disappear buzzin is gone aswell. I got those vibrations on some bumpy roads when the is more pressure by engine on car frame.

What can it be?

Cheers,

zuko

Could be the engine mounts mate. The big round one to the right of the oil filter is known for going i think. Have someone put the car in gear and depress the clutch up and down whilst you check the amount of movement in the engine & mount. Mine needs replacing as theres quite a bit of movement.

I first noticed mine was broken when setting off from a stand still as there was a slight thud when taking up drive. Not sure how much the mount is from VW but they are £37 from GSF incl VAT.

I just happened to be in VW getting prices for engine mounts yesterday.

The smaller gearbox mount is priced at a smidge under £40, but the bigger rear hydro mount is about £118. Front one is, I believe, similarly priced.

I believe Vibratechnics do a rear engine mount that is very similarly priced to the VW one, but their gearbox mount is almost double the price..

The thing is, that when is warm outside there is no such big buzzin stuff. I'll check that mounts. Cheers mates

Anyway.. could that be smth wrong with clutch aswell if there is that damn buzzin on pedal?