Sign in to follow this  
G60_edge

Hello all, new owner

Hello,

Just bought a Corrado over the Easter weekend, so thought best to introduce myself as I'm bound to be on here a lot.

I've never owned a VW, but have always wanted a Corrado from when I was kid.

So when the recent opportunity came up I jumped at it. I my have rushed with the purchae a bit, but it was off a friend and has been looked after.

It’s a K reg, G60 in Midnight Blue Pearl. Link to some pics below. (i won't do direct images for a while as it resulted in me gettting banned from the forum yesterday)

http://www.compounddesign.co.uk/corrado/

Already got a fair list of jobs to do so will slowly start getting through them (with the help of this forum)

I should be used to the regular expensive and maintenance as the Corrado replaced a Fiat Coupe!

So, hello all.

Think I will be here for a while, can’t see myself ever selling this car.

Al

Welcome. At least you're not to far from Stealth Racing, ha-ha.

Although it's possibly a bit early, I'm interested in your impressions of the Corrado vs the Fiat Coupe, since it's a comparison that's frequently discussed and you've managed to own both cars.

Welcome aboard! Like John says really, the Fiat and the Corrado are often compared in a number of area's but general consensus is that the Fiat will leave all but tuned Corrado's in a straight line in 20v Turbo guise but would be interested to hear your thoughts on them both as you get used to the car.

Keep us posted with progress and the work you do to it :)

Cheers for the welcome.

I had a 20v NA fiat coupe. From what I gather the 20v Turbo would certainly leave a VR6 in a straight line. They can also be tuned to some fair bhp (300+) with relative ease.

Comparing the 20v NA to my current G60 (although not owned long). The G60 seems faster, which it should be with the 10bhp more on paper and at off the top of my head I don't think there is much difference in weight. When I briefly compared performance figures of the two cars they were very similar though.

The fiat is quite front heavy and the handling suffers from this a bit. I never got round to improving this, but can obviously be done with suspension, strut brace etc.

The G60 has far more potential for tuning though. To get anything more out of the coupe NA takes some significant amounts of money with little gains.

In short the G60 seems faster and handles better than my 20v and has more potential for tuning. I don't dislike the Corrado interior but it’s no comparison for the coupe. As for the exterior, I'm still undecided but I'm swaying towards the Corrado (biased now that I own one), although a Coupe with LE skirts are very nice looking cars but kind of a love it or hate it styling.

I really liked my Coupe and was sorry to see it go.

I will certainly be looking to get a 20v turbo in the future, however can’t see myself selling the Corrado to do so. I need some more money!!

Cheers all

Al