Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

Rob's 16V

I think you can delete the post yourself Roby. Look for the little 'X' in the top right corner of the post.

These pics were taken ages ago and i used a scanner to get them on the computer. Their a bit crap - the cars too far away in the pics. I'll be taking some more when i get some new wheels :D

heres a couple more...

front

rear

and when i had 17s - why did i sell those wheels :?:

17s - not lowered

17s - lowered

looks smart mate, see you've got the rear lamps tinted... whats the plans for it then?

17's suited the car too

woops.. just read the post.. how much did you have it lowered on the 17's then?

I had loads of plans for it, but being a student i cant really afford to do it up much.

However - wheels are next on the list, probably 16s. Then its a service at stealth and hopefully a respray with a few bits colour coded/smoothed (same colour). Few other bits like exhaust and keeping it going well

Just wanna get it mint and looking nice. One day :)

With 17s, it was lowered 50mm at front and 55-60mm on back.

When i first got the suspension i had it lowered about 70mm on 17s. Didn't last long like that tho, scrubbed like a c**t at the front. Looked soooo phat though 8)

Hey Rob, your not doing bad for a student... :)

I would love rims, but I'll stick with what I have til the weather perks up, unless some rims I really want come along :lol:

I more or less want to do the same things to main bodywise, see what happens, only had it just over a month...

With regards to the drop on 17's, sounds like it was sitting nice then..

Love cars slammed on big rims....

hence my old car... :wink:

Some more pics when i obviously had too much time on my hands and wound the coils right down on my suspension :lol: She sits about 20mm higher normally, these were taken way back in december

Spec list so far:

FK Konigsport coilovers

15"x7.5" ET25 Ronal LS alloys

New topmounts and rear bushes

K+N filter/drilled airbox

G60 brakes up front with ATE powergroove discs

Pagid Fast road pads all round

Mk3 rear calipers

Braided hoses

Lupo wipers

Fk smoked rear lights(still undecided :roll: )

Smoked side repeaters

De-locked passat rear door handles

Kenwood head unit+changer

Audi TT pedals

I take it you don't use those wheels during the winter then Rob, hence the car running on the 1.8 16v standard wheels at the minute? Looks sweet on them though!!! :)

I always thought your car was like a dark burgundy / maroon kind of colour - though only ever seeing the car in the evening does kinda trick you I suppose! :(

Cheers jim, yeah these wheels aren't on that the moment - will be in a couple of weeks though :D Cant wait!

Dont know why you thought it was maroon :? When i first saw it, it was in a garage and i thought it was green! Weird

Sweet pics, nice & LOW!!!

when you get back from Cov Rob we must meetup again...:wink:

BTW were did you take them pics???

Yeah, another meetup would be good! Say in about 2-3 weeks?

The pics were taken on my driveway!!

There's a meet of Type 53s in Syston, Leicestershire on 18th April (won't be there myself as it's my lad's christening) at the Hobby Horse Pub on the A46. I'll try to get there later if I can...

Should look really good with those Ronals 8) Well, I'm already looking forward to switching over to summer time again, longer evenings, can finally take some daylight shoots at the Coventry meets :D

There's a meet of Type 53s in Syston, Leicestershire on 18th April

Do you mean the 15th April, or is there another meet on the 18th ? I posted something on the events forum for the 15th April here.

Tempest

Yeah, another meetup would be good! Say in about 2-3 weeks?

The pics were taken on my driveway!!

Sweet mate... 8)

I've changed the wheels again :roll: and had some bodywork done inc the colour coding of the door handles, rear number plate surround and rear vw roundel...so heres some new pics

Very nice indeed. I do like the back end, the colour coding of everything works really well. But you know what you want on there? A nice Milltek or something... :D

Think I might have to do the same with the number plate surround. What are you doing with your old wheels btw?