Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Cleaning and maintenance of coilovers

ive used the search 'coilovers AND cleaning' etc but cant find a direct answer so here goes

just got some FK highsports, only covered 3k so not too bad but obviously have some crud on them etc and the threads dirty

im just wandering whats the best way to tackle this? wire brush? autoglym machine cleaner?

and is there anything recommended to spray/rub on them to protect for the future? ive got some G-werks charger lube but i cant see that protecting, just helping to loosen up the coils?

Thanks for any help, just cant wait to get them on now! ill be selling my koni top adjustables (ssk?) if anyones interested :)

to protect my weitecs i just brushed waxoyl over all of the exposed bits and also made sure i got plenty behind the adjuster ring, now all i have to do is wipe them with a soft cloth and they are spotless again and the adjuster ring still turns by hand so i dont even need to carry the spanner just the locking allen key, the waxoyl hasnt worn off anywhere either so it copes with the crappy weather fine.