Sign in to follow this  
awigman

mot brake failure

Hi all iv just got my car back from an mot. I need new rear brake discs. quick question - is it worth getting drilled and grooved discs for the rear even if i have standard ones at the front?

thanks

Id say no cos they aint gonna make that much of a difference if you can get them for the same price as standard ones then you might aswell but upgrade the fronts at some stage aswell

id agree with jon. ur front end does most of the work.. they do look trick though.. splash ya cash and replace them all...

mine failed mot on brakes..

new callipers new disks, new braided hoses new lines. and green stuff pads.. oh and new hand brake cables..

so u got away lightly my friend LOL

AWIGMAN i got standard sized drilled & grooved front & rear discs for my valver brand new off ebay for £100, and OMP fast road pads (ebay) for £20 front, £22 rear. Made a noticable difference in braking from the stock set up (which was pants) but just changing the rears would'nt make much difference. At £142 for my set up its not worth just changing the rears tbh.