Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Urgent Help! Busted Sunroof

Well tried my roof for the first time todat and found out that it was busted! Have tilted it and the Near Side Shiney Die-cast bit's broken.. so it will only drop the drivers side...

I'm going to get the damn thing replaced with a Moonroof but in the meantime, how do I get the roof to sit flat again?

Have done a quick search but nothing really says how to temp. fix this... I'd take the oppertunity to do the whole thing but the Stealers are shut (and probably don't have the repair kit in stock anyway!)

I guess I have to get the slider to move but can't see a way of doing that without taking the whole thing to pieces..

Any advice please! Car's sat in the car park being very vunerable.....

This happened on mine when I drove it home from London after buying it :-( sorry mate but it a pain in the ass to fix as well, you need a sun roof repair kit from VW part# 1H0 898 014A it comes with both guides, you will need to remove the sunroof to fix it! Took me 6 hours start to finnish best to put aside a day to do it and take your time dont go breaking anything else! There is a repair guide on here somewhere a search will find it best of luck

Oh yea and VW quoted me £800 to fix it (w*nk$^s)

Dan

Sorted it thanks to the PDF file I'd downloaded a while back and forgotton!

Pulled the headliner section of the sunroof lose and pulled the mech back into place..

Now to sort the Moonroof... Any-one seen Peanut? ;)