Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Ron

Dash Board Dial removal

I want to replace the dial lamp and upgrade them to blue type lamps. What are the best type to replace the lamps and who. Also if I disconnect the Speedo/Rev unit will it affect the recorded milage.

recorded milage won't be a problem.

by lamps you mean the bulbs above the dials?

a lot of folk went for the DDI Dials, very good results, and look excellent imo

Lamps glow - bulbs grow and all that...

DDI are a company that make an aftermarket clock set up that glows red, have a search - there is loads of info in here about them..

Lamps is an engineer thing bulbs are things you put in the garden what do you mean by DDI Dials I,m new to this

Go into most shops and ask for bulbs, and see what you get, I'm pretty sure it would have more to do with lighting than gardening, Lamps for lighting contain oil, and are carried by victorians and pirates...

If your so engineer orientated work out which end of a screw driver is the business end, and take out the couple of screws in the dial surround! :lol:

DDI = Dub Designs Industries, they produced a set of dials for the Corrado and we had a group buy a few months ago. here's a link to their website -> clicky

They are top class, look very good. they are back lit too. well worth the money, and i'd recommend them to anyone

I have them fitted, so click the link in my signiture and see what you think.

cheers fella, and good luck with the bulbs, now the weather is getting better you can spend more time planting them :lol:

Always, I helped the guy, and looked up links etc :(

Thinking about it, I always thought the lamp was the assembly itself, and the bulb was the light source within the lamp?

Headlight lamps would indicate (to me) the whole unit, same as the old oil lamps, with a wick as the light source.