Sign in to follow this  
chichee

BBS Solitudes

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

Are the wheels BBS Solitudes off the Golf VR6 the same as the BBS solitudes off the Corrado VR6.

Reason I am asking is I have bought some BBS Solitudes from a Golf VR6 and after putting onto my VR6 have found that the droplinks are rubbing against the inside of the wheel.

But i am confused as to why the drop link is rubbing up against the inside of the wheel and causing a really nasty crunching sound??

chichee, let us know if you find out what the problem is, the ones I have waiting for a refurb were off a golf as well.. :oops:

are all your solitudes straight and true tho??

how do i check??

i got them today, will give them a good clean over the weekend and have a better look.

as far as i can tell, they are not buckled. also forgot to mention that both side are scrapping against the droplinks.

Jack the car up and rotate the wheels by hand to see if they run true...

Seems strange that they are rubbing, all solitudes are the same except a 4 stud version did appear on the Golf (convertible IIRC) at some point..

just posting some pictures to show exactly what i mean.

SNV30544.jpg

SNV30543.jpg

what i think and looks like the droplink is clearly in contact with the wheel. unless anyone has other suggestions?

having checked the car when i have the 17s on, that bar at the very bottom does look very low and makes me think that it should be that low.

someone has suggested to me that i could perhaps get around the problem by using the spacers to place the wheels out a little further. is this a wise suggestion?

oooooooooooook.....that will explain it then.......can anyone else confirm this??......if this is the case....off to GSF to get new discs/pads/braided hoses and new droplinks for the car to be fitted tomorrow.

or can i reuse the drop links or better to get new ones??

Looks like the droplink is on upside-down! :shock: The ARB should be above the wishbone!

so according to this, the droplink/ARB should be where the yellow circle is??

SNV30543-1.jpg

Beat you to it, Michelle! :lol:

Took a quick snap of mine (everything looks a bit rusty! :oops: ). You can clearly see the drop link and ARB are mounted above the wishbone.

HTH

Beat you to it, Michelle!

Who is this Michelle person then Andy?? :)

I hadnt got around to having a peep at mine yet but seen as though ive been beaten to it... :lol:

Probably a good idea if you still had a look- knowing my luck it's mine that's wrong! :lol:

thanks for the picture......well my neighbour was kind enough to fit new ones on for me today and to set them up the correct way.

so now the wheels are on!!!!!

01052007454.jpg

01052007456.jpg

01052007455.jpg

Mine look the same as yours Andy, i had to have my face on the floor to see them though... :)

Glad its all sorted..

hehe.....am well happy that its sorted now!!

thanks again for all your help (though i will need alot of that in the future!!!)