Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

clutch sticking

i know its an old one but i cant find it easily on search and i havent much time. anyway my clutch occasionally sticks down on my g60 even tho i have bled it out the master cylinder and slave many times and it seemed ok.

which cylinder is it likely to be? how can i tell? does it make a diff that its been sat a long time? where can i get the cylinders from other than vw? are they any good? and one more; do i have to take out hte box to change the slave? thanks for looking

More liekely to be the slave if both original as the slave has a metal sleave which corrodes epsecially if fluid not changed regualrly and also if you change the master you want to do the slave too as its cheap in comparison...

VAG slaves were made by ATE of FAG (which GSF sell)

Look for fluid leaks on top of the gearbox but they leak internally at first and you don't tend to notice any drop in fluid level until it gets worse...

so does the box have to come out to do the slave or is it just that bit visible on top? 2 bolts and a pipe? thanks