Sign in to follow this  
jinks

Alpine IDA X001 for ipod

Got this set the other day after a long delay and was looking forward to setting it up so took the old stereo out and hooked up the new one. It seems that it doesn't work. I took the connector out with the power cable in it and hooked it up again to the old stereo which works fine. So bearing in mind that the connectors are the same (as far as I can tell) as my old Alpine 7556R does anyone know if I've clearly got something wrong? It definitely had no power going through it at all as the CD changer which is connected by AI-Net didn't start up either.

Surely as long as the battery cable on the stereo goes to the right cable in the car's stereo connector and it's earthed it must work, right? The ignition setup is also the same as the old one ie it needs the key turned, which I did do.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jinks

I've managed to solve this now - it seems both the yellow battery and the red ignition cables need to be connected, which probably seems obvious to most!