Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

TOYOTA AVENSIS D4D

I have one of these as a company car now, good build quality, fit and finish. I have the late 05 estate with 6 speed box. Colleagues are trying to make out it's a prestige car, I mean it's a good car but it's not up to mercedes/bmw standard.

Anyway, went out in the boss's fully loaded 07 one today, he's one of the few people that drive faster then me, lol, there were a couple of moments i really thought we would crash, notably coming off the M25 to the M23 north bound at over 110 round that long right hand bend that turns in to a left hand bend, just on the left hand bend he almost lost it, the car started to understeer with that heavy engine up front.

He reckons mine is the 180 version, but im not sure?

And anyone know where i can get a good off the shelf chip for a good price?

cheers guys.

ah dam, and mine was registered in december 05!

his defo feels a fair bit quicker then mine, in fact, its one of the quickest 4 cylinder diesels out there.

ah dam, and mine was registered in december 05!

his defo feels a fair bit quicker then mine, in fact, its one of the quickest 4 cylinder diesels out there.

could be a model year thing tho..........ie a December 05 model being classed as the 2006 model year etc.......VW start their model years in September of the previous year

samm_cvr6 - yours is probably the 136bhp version and your boss has the newer 150bhp engine; both 2.2 D-4Ds.

As my work commute is in a 143PS Diesel Mazda-6 and I like to know what I'm up against on the A417/A419 to Swindon :-) For some strange reason I get the fronts lasting 15k miles and the rears just over 20k.

15k out of the fronts? have you checked if the mats stoping the loud pedal going all the way down?

:lol: