Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

2.0l 16v Induction Kit

OK sinc now my corrados working and will be back on the street on saturday i wis to change the air filter and box thingy....

i was looking under the hood of my c 2day and saw the metering head and all the fuel injection stuff was mounted on the airbox... also there is about 7 breather and other tubed ramdomaly puged in???

please can anyone with a 2.0l 16v 9a series engine with a K&N induction kit fitted please please please :D post picky of their engine bay or better yet post pics and a short description on what i need to make or buy and induction kit..... i'm sure its possiable but all those sensors have to go someware?

cheers any help would be very nice coz i want my corrado to sound even better than it allready does :wink:

---------------------

chris

no one else as deared !!!!!! ohh well i will have to be the first every person to put an k&n 57i induction kit on it.....

i will work it out then post pics and a running total cost of the build...

-----

chris

Not entirely true..

I remeber Stroeve Motorsport used to sell them when I used to own my 2.0 16v, as I considered buying one. Someone with a little more information might be able to help you out, but there was definately a UK reseller for them who used to advertise in PVW and they cost about £120 if I remeber correctly.

I'll dig through my back issues tomorrow morning if no one has any more information by then :)

Yeah, I knew about the Stroeve one but I think its a complete waste as it still hides the cone filter under the metering head and it has to be restricted in size because of this. :o

The only real reason to buy an induction kit is if you like the looks as the noise and supposed performance advantages can be had for nothing, thats why I didnt mention it. :lol:

Problem with the 16v is that they use a mechanical metering head to control the fuelling. tho you can get an induction kit for this engine. The company that makes them is Stroeve, and they cost about £120. I've seen a pic of it before, and as I recall is a replacement metering head with a cone filter attached to the bottom. This all sits down in the existing aibox.

check this link out - couple of interesting comments on this thread which might save you money, but still see the performance gains you's expect from an induction kit.

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewto ... uction+kit

Heres a pic of the Stroeve filter, they only list it for the 1.8 16v so looks like its no good for the 2.0 16v anyway. (The metering heads are different on both cars).

edit: looking at the pic it actually looks like the filter does bolt on to the existing metering head so it probably would work on the 2.0, makes sense as the metering head costs hundreds on its own. :mad:

I was told that the following Model from Pipercross would fit the 16v 2.0l....PK223c. Even though speaking with many other people, my local dealer called Pipercross and they said this would fit. Please tell me it would because on his recommendation I ordered one for bout £85 :oops:

na mate eurotek does them i phoned them up and they got 30 odd systems imported from germany endof this month.... what happens with this is a little plastic trap sits under the metering head and below this is a cone filter made by Stroeve then what happens all your breather pipes and all the other stuff still gets attached to the unit and work the same as the orid.... but with added BHP and INDUCTION noise!!!!!!!!!!! what we all want!!!! what they also suggest is to add loads off ducting and other ways of getting more air into the filter since the filter is hidden beind the lights :?

c ya

what they also suggest is to add loads off ducting and other ways of getting more air into the filter since the filter is hidden beind the lights

Ha, time for a big bonnet scoop from Corsas-R-Us :lol:

na mate eurotek does them i phoned them up and they got 30 odd systems imported from germany endof this month.... what happens with this is a little plastic trap sits under the metering head and below this is a cone filter made by Stroeve then what happens all your breather pipes and all the other stuff still gets attached to the unit and work the same as the orid.... but with added BHP and INDUCTION noise!!!!!!!!!!! what we all want!!!! what they also suggest is to add loads off ducting and other ways of getting more air into the filter since the filter is hidden beind the lights

Thought so. I've had my C for nearly two years now and have been looking everywhere for an induction kit (unsuccessfully). So, I ended up buying a K&N drop in. But when the guy from my local store said he called Pipercross and spoke with the 'technical guy' he said that he has had many queries for PK233c and if it would fit the 16v 2.0l and he said it would. :x Shall I cancel the order do u think?

i duno as far as i aware the bloke from eurotek said the onlly kit on the market was the Stroeve kit also you can change the cone filter to a K&N but the size might not fit...... when my comes i will post pics

i duno as far as i aware the bloke from eurotek said the onlly kit on the market was the Stroeve kit also you can change the cone filter to a K&N but the size might not fit...... when my comes i will post pics

Liked to see the pics mate. The Pipercross kit is coming tomorrow, so if it fits I'll let you know! :?

I think this is a gr8 idea, if you ask me I must say that I am very impressed with the product. When I installed part number 33-2277 on my VW Corrado V6, I initially tested its performance on a closed track. Well after some additional testing recently, something interesting was discovered. On a certified Dyno machine, the stock wheel horse power and torque increased from 204.5 hp and 180.7 ft/lbs to 216.3 hp and 191.4 ft/lbs! The flywheel horse power rating at 240 hp is likely 250 hp using the standard calculations. What was most interesting is how the power curve changed. The engine developed a flatter torque curve with a peak at 4,750 rpm as opposed to the 5,000 rpm stock reading. The same results followed with the horse power delivery. I don't believe hype, so the math results tell the story. After using this product for 90 days, I re-tested the performance results at the same track, and here is what happened:

0-60 7.0 seconds stock

0-60 6.87 seconds K & N installed July 2003

0-60 6.63 seconds K & N after 90 days

1/4 mile 15.5 seconds @ 92 mph stock

1/4 mile 15.1 seconds @ 94.2 mph K & N installed July 2003

1/4 mile 14.8 seconds @ 97.8 mph K & N after 90 days

Top Speed (certified with a calibrated and properly operated radar gun)

138 mph stock

143 mph K & N installed July 2003

146 mph K & N after 90 days

Gas Mileage (measured with the on-board Honda Navigation and mileage calculators)

25.0 mpg city, 31.0 mpg highway stock

26.0 mpg city, 33.5 mpg highway K & N installed July 2003

26.4 mpg city, 33.7 mpg highway K & N after 90 days

Note: When the testing was being completed, the gas mileage for that day was 17.2 mpg. Obviously, this type of driving was not usual and customary, and thus was not included in the overall gas mileage calculations.

Additional testing was conducted and across the board increases in performance in 5-60, 20-40, 30-50, and 0-100 mph tests were very apparent. I have discussed my findings with some Honda experts and they say that part of the results should be credited to the on board computers for the car. They say that engine computers have likely remapped the fuel/air mixtures to take advantage of the new levels of air available in the intake as a result of the use of your product. This makes sense to me. My neighbor installed a K & N filter in his BMW M5 and ZO6 Corvette and saw similar performance increases. I hope that anyone who reads this testimonial understands that these results are facts, that should be easily repeatable with other vehicles.

I think this is a gr8 idea, if you ask me I must say that I am very impressed with the product. When I installed part number 33-2277 on my VW Corrado V6, I initially tested its performance on a closed track. Well after some additional testing recently, something interesting was discovered. On a certified Dyno machine, the stock wheel horse power and torque increased from 204.5 hp and 180.7 ft/lbs to 216.3 hp and 191.4 ft/lbs! The flywheel horse power rating at 240 hp is likely 250 hp using the standard calculations. What was most interesting is how the power curve changed. The engine developed a flatter torque curve with a peak at 4,750 rpm as opposed to the 5,000 rpm stock reading. The same results followed with the horse power delivery. I don't believe hype, so the math results tell the story. After using this product for 90 days, I re-tested the performance results at the same track, and here is what happened:

0-60 7.0 seconds stock

0-60 6.87 seconds K & N installed July 2003

0-60 6.63 seconds K & N after 90 days

1/4 mile 15.5 seconds @ 92 mph stock

1/4 mile 15.1 seconds @ 94.2 mph K & N installed July 2003

1/4 mile 14.8 seconds @ 97.8 mph K & N after 90 days

And this is all from a K & N filter is it?...well I don't dispute your findings/figures, however I would like to make a comment on your 1/4 mile figures as I do know a bit about Drag Racing.....

I assume you ran the car with Slicks to give this test a fair chance?, so, after going back in 90 days when Full power was evident, your asking us to believe that a K & N filter which will suck in Hot air from under bonnet, giving lessair density and therefore less amount of fuel required, gave you 7 tenths on the 1/4?, sorry, but a 7 1/10ths improvement equates to at least a 70bhp increase, now I doubt that very much, even with a cold feed.

les