Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

Shagged Cat

My cat has been making a horrible rattle inside for some time now, and i think its finally blowing which is ok at the moment, but i want to do something before it gets too loud.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/prod ... 11&xSec=87

Would the above de-cat pipe fit my car? In the picture it has mounting flange on both ends where my current cat only has one at the down pipe (with 3 bolts) and the back end of the cat is connected to the rest of the exhaust via a standard U-shaped bolt thingy.

I read the title and lol at work.. Boss thinks I mental now.

did the same, was expecting some beastiality :lol:

you'll need a working cat for the MOT mate

I was under the impression that it is possible to pass the MOT if your fueling is setup right and have a working lambda?

My cat has been making a horrible rattle inside for some time now, and i think its finally blowing which is ok at the moment, but i want to do something before it gets too loud.

Actually that whole first paragraph doesn't make things sound much better.... lol

i was told that even if the emissions past they won't pass it without actually seeing the cat.

thats what my local station told me, i just told myself they were jealous of my decat

LOL, i suppose it doesn't sounds that good. Look at it from the positive side, the thread has picked up lots of traffic because of it :)

Maybe i should just bit the bullet and buy a new cat. I'm in the process of buying a house so i didn't really want to spend much money. I suppose i could get a de-cat till the winter my MOT isn't due for ages. If I could get the de-cat mentioned earlier to fit then it wouldn't be that bad as it cost a lot less than a new cat!

I've heard the same, that even if it passes the emissions they need to see a cat fitted.

you don't have a de-cat though, so aren't taking advantage, Island Boy ;)

I read the title and lol at work.. Boss thinks I mental now.

Can't help you wit the CAT problem though.

Have you got any pics of your car on those ACT rims Paul?

Annoyingly I've only got lo res shots bud.

Image156.jpg

That's all I've got at the moment. There's a set of 17's that were going on fleabay the other day. I never knew that they were magnesium centres. Not bad spec really (titanium bolts and magnesium centres..)