Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Drivers window stopped working!!

Drove to london lastnite, tried to open drivers window, wouldnt work... got to my destination & the window had dropped but wouldnt go back up via window switch.. it makes the clicking noise but nothing happens.. the passenger window works fine...

had to remove the door card to find cable was slack, we pulled the glass back up & had to wedge a block of wood in to stop glass falling back down.. didnt fancy getting soaked for the drive home... :lol:

help! :(

I reckon your cable has snapped and is now caught up in the motor, as it sounds exactly the same as mine... New mech time I'm afraid... You weren't too keen on the skin on your knuckles were you?? :wink:

I reckon your cable has snapped and is now caught up in the motor, as it sounds exactly the same as mine... New mech time I'm afraid... You weren't too keen on the skin on your knuckles were you?? :wink:

great.. thanks for the reply... it was a pain in the arse removing all the sound deading to get to the inside of door...

Hmm got a mate with a spare door, I'll get the bits from that all being well... another on the 'to do list' :cry:

not having a good time with this shed!! :mad:

Just put the spare door on and get it sprayed... It's almost worth it... :lol:

I took the gearbox cover off and chucked fresh grease in and greased all the runners etc well before I refitted mine...

Hey bally before you go ordering any motors chekc the fuses, i know it might sound a bit to simple but when mine went, the passenger one worked, the drivers didnt and i could hear clicking when i operated the switch. I cant remember the fuse position... Anyone got a diagram to hand?

Afternoon chaps.. replacing the door is a headache.. Ive had the car painted once.. :lol:

hey mate, long time no speak.. yeah i did think it was a fuse, but looking at the wired cable inside door its gone very slack.. which makes me think the window regulators gone??

its most likly the cable runner from the bottom has become unclipped :wink:

check before you spend any money as I have had to sort this issue on 3 mk2 golfs which I assume is the same winder mech

its most likly the cable runner from the bottom has become unclipped :wink:

check before you spend any money as I have had to sort this issue on 3 mk2 golfs which I assume is the same winder mech

Worth a try... seems like everythings going wrong at the mo.. love my corrado really :lol:

hey mate, long time no speak..

yeah i havent been able to make it up to mk for a few months but with a bit of luck if i dont have rugby commitments i should be there next week.

I'm afraid i havent had my C long enough to suggest anything else, o well good luck dude

hey mate, long time no speak..

yeah i havent been able to make it up to mk for a few months but with a bit of luck if i dont have rugby commitments i should be there next week.

I'm afraid i havent had my C long enough to suggest anything else, o well good luck dude

Im gona try & make to next MK meet.. thats if I havent set fire or smashed the corrado up.. its getting on my tits :? :mad:

the window fell down again.. Ive ducked taped it :lol:

fack it its friday Im getting :drinking: tonite..