Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

thoughts on this rear caliper?

caliper001.jpg

right found these calipers on a audi 80, theyre near new and id like to use em on my 91 golf (same fitting as corrado?)

when offered up to the car they suit best when fitted to opposite sides to how they were on the audi

so would that one be ok for use on the n/s (notice the writing is the right way up) would i need to bleed them off so that the nip is up? i would be using a easybleeder

I guess bleeding with the nipple at the highest point is best to make sure air bubbles get out, although I've often found I need to pressure bleed and doubt in that case it would make much difference to water/muck/air in the lines/caliper.

thanks for the reply david, i was wondering if the pressure bleeder would bleed it anyway?

anyone else got any thoughts?

how come the writing is upside down in the correct application , or were they upside down on the orig car i took em from

you can see they're handed. Possibly weaker in the wrong direction - due to the LARGE latteral forces. Worth finding out which is correct. Would be nice if they did fit though - good luck !!

presume it also has same distance between the piston face and the opposing face - ie enough room to fit in hte disc and pads. Presume it fits nice and closely to the disc too?

they look like mk3 golf ones .internal hand brake return spring and the hand brake cable going on the top instead of the bottom ,if the bleed nipple is not at the top you won't get the air out

the one in the pic is for the off side

was the upgrade for mk2 ones but now most people use the alloy mk 4 type with new flex hoses

Rob

they look like mk3 golf ones .internal hand brake return spring and the hand brake cable going on the top instead of the bottom ,...

yeah, but the audi rear calipers are for 245mm brakes and are an audi 8A0 part number, whereas the mk3 brakes are passat (226mm) 357 part no.s