Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Vinyl Headliner cleaning

Ok Time to get on with the Cabby's on-going valet.... Turning to the interior.

He has a white vinyl headliner and on top of the usual grime and dirt, he appears to have been smoked in for some (most) of his life. The headlining by drivers window is going quite broen/yellow.

Q: Is there anything that I can use to get rid/reduce the nicotione staining?

Was thinking something quite aggresive like Jif with bleach (to try and re-whiten the vinyl) but thought I'd ask here first...

Well there is Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care which could work for the majority of it. But if its not strong enough then perhaps a strong mix of all purpose cleaner might do the trick, brush on, leave for a bit, agitate with brush and then wipe away. If not then perhaps Jif might work, couldnt really say as not tried it!

Simple solutions do a product called 'one up' which can be used either neat or diluted for all interior cleaning - i do seats and dashs' with it. Spray on neat and you can see it lifting cig tar stains straight off (also removes the white print off your indicator stalks if not careful)!

This will defo get the results you are after, i get mine from a car paint and panel wholesalers - let me know if you want me to get some and post it to you.

In fact, i think i've got a bottle with a small amount in, PM me your address and i'll send you it free to test on a hidden area to see if you like it, if you want.