Sign in to follow this  
L100PY_H

Any idea how much this is worth....

I have just acquired my aunts old VW golf mk2 CL to sell as it's not been used since my uncle passed away (2 years ago) and she doesn't drive.

Its a 1988 F reg mk2 5 door golf, 1595cc (55kw) with an E2 engine (Auto box) but has ONLY 50'700 GENUINE miles since new with all old MOT's etc!!

I've looked it over and its solid underneath, no rust anywhere, never been front or rear ended and below front bumper is 100% rot free as are the arches - probably still has original brake disks?

The interior is really good, no wear, with the original radio and manuals.

I'm going to MOT it, and think it'll pass but will do any work required.

The body work is not mint, there are a few scratches, but no rust and little oxidisation as its (tornado?) red LY3D.

Was thinking about £400 ish with new MOT, is this realistic being an auto even with such low miles????

Will post pics later if anyone is interested??

Cheers M15 VW.

I didn't think it would fetch £200 tbh as its an auto box so would be well happy with £400!!

solid mk2 bodies aren't that easy to come by, you may be lucky and someone wanting to build up a show car or re-shell a GTI or something may be prepared to pay a few hundred quid.

As far as the trade would be concerned though it's not really worth anything, having said that, for a private sale anything with 12 months MOT is worth 100-200 quid.