Sign in to follow this  
dmc100uk

insurance !!

Although i dont yet have a C the G60 is my next choice of car, i am looking to buy one within the next couple of months so i have been serching for insurance quotes, i am 22 i have been driving for nearly 4 years i have no no-claims and i was convicted of drink driving 3 years ago (oops). My best quote so far is £1,600 tpft. Anyone know of any good insurance companys i can get in touch with to try and get the price down ?

Thanx

Darren :)

No problem :)

I'm not sure quite how much drink driving convictions actually affect premiums but I would think that at 22 with no NCB and the conviction, you'll be looking at quite a hefty premium unfortunately.

Just shop around though and get it down as far as possible.

Happy hunting.

i'm afraid much as you want to get a Corrado........because of your DD conviction you'll be looking at seriously big quotes especially as you (AFAIK) have to tell the insurance company up to 10 years after the conviction too(i also think it stays on your license for as long)........in fact £1600 TPF&t doesn't seem too bad considering the the conviction and lack of no-claims.......by all means try EVERY company for insurance but don't expect miracles........anyway good luck :wink:

the drink driving conviction or DR10 only put £600 on my quote from elephant.co.uk which i thought was fairly good, but i am still hoping to maybe get it under a grand.anyway i will keep trying and i will let you know if i get an amazingly low quote :lol:

the drink driving conviction or DR10 only put £600 on my quote from elephant.co.uk which i thought was fairly good, but i am still hoping to maybe get it under a grand.anyway i will keep trying and i will let you know if i get an amazingly low quote :lol:

TBH unless you lie(which by the way i'm not condoning)there is very little hope of you getting it under £1k