Sign in to follow this  
M.P.H.

Golf VR6 starting problems

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can help??

I Have a 1996 Golf 2.8 VR6 which when being started for the first time turns over and over for approx 15 seconds before starting, once the car has been started once if i turn the car off and try to start it again the car starts immeadiately. The car will then continue to start first time every time until the car is left for more than approximately 15-20 minutes, after this period the car then for the first time takes again 15-20 seconds to start and the scenario continues??.

I have tried numerous things to try and rectify this such as Replaced fuel pump and had check valve on fuel pump checked, Had fuel system pressure checked, Had Pressure valve on fuel rail replaced, New fuel filter, New coil pack, Had ECU checked which is showing no faults.

Any Idea's on how to rectify this would be Much Appreciated..

I know you've had the system pressure checked but did you check that the pressure held up when you turned the key off?

You might have a leaky injector? Sizzling sound coming from the inlet manifold at the front of the engine after a hot run and switching off.

Try turning the ignition on and off 2 or 3 times before you crank the engine. This should get the fuel pressure up in the rail before and start straight away.

Easy to try... and I've had this before but not on a VR.