Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Woohoo - Isle of Man Top Gear!!

Anyone spot the IOM reg'd BMW?

Think it was the old M3. Seen it around a couple of times actually :D

Thought the IOM was like the IOW --- closed in winter!!!!

in the winter i dont have to fight tourists for my car parking space!

Looked on Autotrader - a very late 1995/M mint condition M5 would only set you back around £10,000 - which isn't bad considering what you are getting for your money.

I think insurance would be a problem though!! Wonder what build / reliability / cost of parts is like on these now they are getting on a bit?

Looked on Autotrader - a very late 1995/M mint condition M5 would only set you back around £10,000 - which isn't bad considering what you are getting for your money.

I think insurance would be a problem though!! Wonder what build / reliability / cost of parts is like on these now they are getting on a bit?

best person to ask is Tony Carter-Inman who is known to frequent the e-group every so often as he traded up to the earlier E-34 M5 from a VSR equiped VR6 IIRC...........though i think the self-leveling suspension on them is meant to cost a fortune to fix

Just removed a weird double post there Roddy.. dunno what happened! :)

Cracking roads. I don't think I could cope with living in England to be honest.

Tom,

You have to take my word that Dorset is a pretty nice place to own a Corrado... some very nice roads around here :D Indeed a couple of them found thier way onto the Autocar "Top drivers roads" article about a year ago

John

John,

I imagine that there are some superb smaller roads tucked away hrere there and everywhere.

It just seems like the clamp down (read: money-making venture) on speeding is getting ridiculous. Is there anyone that doesn't have points nowadays?

I read on the egroup light-hearted talk about coming over here. I seriously think it's a great idea! A summer evening convoy around the circuit - I can see it now :D

i don't have any points but then i only got my vr6 on saturday so who knows :D (touch wood) oh and corozin i have to agree with you dorset and wiltshire have some lovely roads :D