Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Which tyres for new rims help? SORTED & Ordered.

Hi guys looking for some help :?

I have just bought a new set of rims and want to make sure that I get the right tyres. Have been looking around on the internet for them and am nigh on stuck now. :scratch: :scratch:

The wheels are 16's 7.5j et35 on the front and 9j et 15 on the back.

I was trying to get toyos or another good brand all round in 195/40/16 and 205/40/16 for the rear to give them a nice stretch but cant seem to find them in this size. The fronts are ok but the rears I can only find in 205/45/16.

Any thoughts or suggestions on tyres, brands and the best size to go for.

As the car is going to get paint I can do some arch work if I really have to but would prefer not to.......

Help as i really am very new to this, Normally just get the garage to sort the wheels out for me but am looking for something different this time :D

These are the rims

DSC00154.jpg

Cheers Tim

I'm gettin the toyo proxes in a 215/45/16 for my new 9" rims

the 205/45/16's are about the same size of sidewall as the 195/40/16 as the sidewall size is the percentage of width

205/45 means 45% of 205mm.

U dont have to do paintwork normally if u get someone that is good at doing arche's

I'd run 195/40/16's up front & 215/35/16's on the rear..

Pirelli zeros look nice.. dunlop SP9000's seem to be a fav... as to conti's...

mates just got the new Toyo Proxes 215/35/16's for his 9's.. look nice...

I think I have narrowed it down to Dunlop sp9000 195/40/16 front and 215/35/16 rears.

Any thoughts or can I get toyo proxies in this size?

Ihavnt been able to find them for the rears :?

Tim

Be careful with the sp9000s. Depends how low your rado is but I tried them on the front of mine and they were hell! They rubbed lots due to them having such a rounded shoulder.

My 195/45/16s are toyo proxies and my 205/40/16 are avon zz3s. I dont think you can get the 215/35/16 in a toyo proxies but im not sure about the 195/40/16.

Ok been looking around and have found some Toyo Proxies in 195/40/16 at £53.60 each to go on the 7j at the front and 215/40/16 at £49 each to go on the 9j at the back.

I am hoping that I will still get a good bit of stretch on these and that I will be able to fit them under my arches with very little if no work.

Can some one confirm for me please as I really am lost with all these numbers and stuff :? . The fronts are 7j et35 and the rears 9j et15.

Cheers Tim

215/45 is a big profile tire and tbh I can imagine you having arch problems or having to raise the car.

I agree with bally, 215/35 in my eyes gives the best look for 9x16's!

edit: sorry my mistake, however I still think 215/40 will look big, I would go with 205/40's if you are going to go with 40 profile tyres.

I'd run 195/40/16's up front & 215/35/16's on the rear..

Pirelli zeros look nice.. dunlop SP9000's seem to be a fav... as to conti's...

mates just got the new Toyo Proxes 215/35/16's for his 9's.. look nice...

Bally where did he get the 215/35's from? Cant find them anywhere. :(

Help and bttt.

I have just spent the last 2 hours searching for a decent brand of 215/35/16 and cant find any apart from some butget makes and khumo's.

Any ideas where I can get them from. All help appriciated.

Cheers Tim

Hi guys I know this is getting silly but have found a company that can supply me with proxies for the front and AVON ZZ3 for the rear anyone got anything to say about these tyres?

Tim

I'm pretty sure Nikki (MI5 VW) rates the ZZ3s highly, didn't think they were still around though. Theres stuff about them in the definitive tyre thread.

I've got Avon ZZ3 all round on my 9's. Very good tyres and good price too!

Ok guys, Thanks for all your help. I have now ordered toyos in 195/40/16 for the front and avon zz3 in 205/40 for the rears.

Will have to hope I can get them under the arches now. hee hee :lol: