Sign in to follow this  
Bally

No lights on dash..

Im not having a very good time with my car at the mo.. driving back in dark lastnite the clocks/lcd/vdo gauges lost all lights on display.. quicky checked fuse in the rain nothing... all the other things seem to be working..

any ideas what wrong this time??

I had this bally..... Try pushing some of the relays onthe fuse board.. It could be lose connection at the back which mine was :roll:

Hi mate, tried the relays.. seem to be all ok..

weathers so crap put there.. cant do anything :(

Not much help probably mate, but exactly the same thing has happened to me. The lights on my dash have gone out, after Tekara and I had a go at fitting my SWG vent gauge pod at the weekend. Only noticed it driving home in the dark last night. Not too amused tbh. Still, I reckon we must have disturbed a wire when messing around feeding the gauge wire down through part of the heater/blower pipework, and around the area of the headlight switch and dials.

I will have a look when I get a chance (and it stops raining). Poss dislodged a wire into the back of the headlight switch (?) I will also check the relays and fuse board. If I find the culprit, I'll let you know.

hi mate.

mine went the other day.have you replaced the fuse?is so check its not blown again.have you had the stero out recently??

i found mine to be a wire from the stero had come out of the sleeve a bit and must've been earthing as i wrapped the exposed wires in insulating tape, replaced the fuse and shes been fine since :lol:

do as i did, use a sat nav at nite for tour speed :D :D

hope you get it sorted

do as i did, use a sat nav at nite for tour speed :D :D

Yeah, I ended using Road Angel to check what speed I was doing! :D

well this is now 2mrws task.. then the window reg, then the heater matrix, then new discs, tyres, top mounts.. errmmm maybe a new car :lol:

Check you rear license plate light too Bally - it might be out. Take the cover off and inspect the cabling - I had part of the wire become exposed and it kept shorting out - this affected light and gauge lighting.

Check you rear license plate light too Bally - it might be out. Take the cover off and inspect the cabling - I had part of the wire become exposed and it kept shorting out - this affected light and gauge lighting.

that was the one, found it for Bally last friday, unhelpfully the fuse is just labelled rear lights on the cover and yet it's also the one for all the dash lighting, fuse had popped, did mention to him it might be the rear plate light wiring that caused it to pop in the first place, he's got to take it out anyway as one bulb has blown - perhaps this is a result of it all being removed for the re-spray?

Ah yeah Remember this from when I lost headlights fuse blew so "Cannibalised" teh no plate light (figuring it's late at night and on the M25 so mostly lit...

NOPE! Dash went out as well! Fecckers! IIRC something else didn't work too... So had to swop for another fuse.. Now I wonder if I ever replaced that one.. Must go look...

Rather than me make a new thread about dash bulbs can i join this one?

i noticed that my speedo is dark from 60mph - 100mph area, i think a bulb has gone.

are they easily replaced? do i need to much stuff apart to reach them?

... do i need to much stuff apart to reach them?

if you remove the clocks surround (two screws go up from inside the surround and two under caps in the bottom corners) and then the fixing screws (one either side) that hold the clocks to the dash, you can tip the speedo unit forward enough to remove the bulbs in their little holders.

yeap as dave said it was a fuse.. wouldnt have thought to check the rear no plate fuse :lol:

Thanks again for yr help last wk Dave 8)