Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

DVLA Issues....

Rant on!!

Ok sent off my V5 2 months ago to DVLA to get an address change... since then have rung them plenty to find out what's happening.. First few time was told "We have a backlog due to new regs but will be dealing with it as soon as possible" After end March when my tax ran out I was told "still have backlog but you will have it in 2 weeks, no problem driving it till then. We’ll put a note on your file"... Since then they don't seem to be able to find my paperwork and the only way I can get Tax now is to take time off work and go to my local DVLA office and fill in all the paperwork there!

Feckless buggers... Good job I have the Cabby to fall back on as my "daily" car, only problem is I've already used up 1/3 of the allocated mileages on the classic policy on that....

Rant over...

No, I can re-apply and get it via Swansea again.. but seeing as they lost the first lot....

If I go to local DVLA I can stand there while they do everything...

Similar thing happened to me - sold it to a bloke in Dublin, sent off the V5 the same day, didn't stop them attempting to fine me £80 for not having the car taxed or advising them that I had sold the car - legally its your responsibility to ensure that DVLA receive the paperwork - if they say they haven't received it YOU are deemed guilty - always send the documents recorded delivery now.

Strange thing is first 3 times I called they acknowledged the paperwork, they all of a sudden they say it's not there...

B'stards..

You got this sorted yet Jon?

Not yet, will have to next time I "Work from Home" though... Local office is in Watford so will employ a minder to look after the cabby while I go in...

Not driven the Rado outside the car-park for 2 months now :(

OH FFS! Went to get stuff sorted and realised insurance certificate's not been sent to "New" address! ARRRGGHHH!!!!

Means another day another trip to get it sorted.... Bet they try and sting me for no SORN too feckkers....

And the Battery's dead on the Rado too :(