Sign in to follow this  
DUBSTER_A

Borbet A's in 5x100

I have heard that Borbet A's in the 5x100 fitment (or any 5 stud drilled pattern) had a problem of the hubs not being strong enough and thats why they have now seized production of them.

Does anyone know if this is true?

not totally correct.

The 5x100 A was never officially sold in the uk as the hub face wasnt thick enough for uk approvel. However it did achieve aproval in eurpoe and was available imorted into the uk.

They stopped production of the 5x100 A last year due to lack of orders.

This info came from Borbet last summer.

HTH

We've got a 7.5" 5x100 A for sale if youre looking for one?

Gav

Oh ok, would it be perfectly safe then to use them then?. I did email Borbet yesterday too and this is what I got from them as a reply...

"The 5x100 fitment was never made by Borbet in the type A wheel. The

centre section of the wheel is not strong enough to take 5 stud holes as

close as 100mm. The 5x112 was ok as the holes were further away from the

centre bore.

The wheels you have will have been drilled by someone once they'd been

bought as blanks from Borbet"

Loads of people seem to have 5x100's though, surely the last line is incorrect?!

The last line is incorrect yes, we.ve bought numerous sets of Brand new boxed 5x100 As and dont think any of them have been re-drilled. M15VW has had a set on her charged vr for the past two years and no issues. Theyll be perfectly fine.

They were available up until summer last year diect from borbet, I ordered one from them last year but they couldnt uphold the order in the end due to a tooling error.ill see if i can find the email i received from them last year.

Gav

Thanks mate.

I have the offset stamped and everything on my set near the studs, so don't think they're a re-drilled jobbie.

Only wierd thing about my set is that the 7.5x16's are ET30, where as i thought they only came in ET20.

Also the wheels don't have this mark on them...

5663_12.jpg

which i beleive is a quality control/production standard mark or something

Thanks mate.

I have the offset stamped and everything on my set near the studs, so don't think they're a re-drilled jobbie.

Only wierd thing about my set is that the 7.5x16's are ET30, where as i thought they only came in ET20.

Also the wheels don't have this mark on them...

5663_12.jpg

which i beleive is a quality control/production standard mark or something

Check on the back as some had markings there, or if they have been refurbed these might have been machined/polished out. My 7.5 x 16s are et 20. Ive not head of 5 x 100 7.5 x 16 being in et30 , although et30 would be perfect for the fronts. Standard speedlines are et 32 or et35.

The only marking in the back is what looks like the year of production and just says made in germany. All the stud pattern, offset details e.t.c. are stamped in the centre front of the hub. They were not previously refurbed , but I have just had the centres refurbed so am sure the mark was not there.

I've seen this mark on some other wheels too (apart from Borbet's) but nevertheless not all wheels have this as my previous Keskin wheels never had this either.

On 5/31/2007 at 3:20 AM, peanut said:

not totally correct.

The 5x100 A was never officially sold in the uk as the hub face wasnt thick enough for uk approvel. However it did achieve aproval in eurpoe and was available imorted into the uk.

They stopped production of the 5x100 A last year due to lack of orders.

This info came from Borbet last summer.

HTH

We've got a 7.5" 5x100 A for sale if youre looking for one?

Gav

This is an incredible long shot, but do you happen to still have that set for sale? Ik it’s been 20 years but I’m trying to find a set and having no luck anywhere