Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Arches!!!

Didnt really want to create a new thread but i couldnt find anything from searching. As you all know i have stupid wheels on my car and chose looks over practicality :lol: well they catch on the rear obviously due to the tyre protruding (sp?) the arches and im getting annoyed with it really, i dont mind it so much on my daily driving as i know exactly which bumps etc will make them catch but its when i go for drives on roads i dont know where it gets annoying as i have no idea what the roads are like and its just arse clenching mad! (like last night on the way to South Mimms :wink:)

Anyway, i have rolled the front arches and the fronts are fine and the rears i have angle grinded down to a safe point and resealed. But it seems to me like there is a still a lip from not wanting to grind them down too much to risk splitting them, and so i was wondering if a bodyshop is still able to roll whats left of the lip? If they could flatten it properly i reckon it would make a hell of a difference on general road bumps. Does anyone know if it can be done?

After seeing the state of your tyres last night I understand why you need this done... I seriously worried when we got to the first Speed-mountain!

PM Nikki or Gav as they had the rears of Nikki's VR "Pulled" to clear her Borbet A's. they look factory too unless you look really hard you'd never know...

After seeing the state of your tyres last night I understand why you need this done... I seriously worried when we got to the first Speed-mountain!

PM Nikki or Gav as they had the rears of Nikki's VR "Pulled" to clear her Borbet A's. they look factory too unless you look really hard you'd never know...

Yeah Nikki's looks great but at £300 a side its not feasable! Hence why im asking if its possible to just roll whats left! I will eventually get them flared but cant justify it now as want the charger first and then gotta save to pay off the insurance! As well as get a mk1 :wink: :lol:

Yeah Nikki's looks great but at £300 a side its not feasable! Hence why im asking if its possible to just roll whats left! I will eventually get them flared but cant justify it now as want the charger first and then gotta save to pay off the insurance! As well as get a mk1 :wink: :lol:

There's that old problem of priorities again!! :lol: Could you not consider holding off with the charger for a couple of months so that you can get the arches flared? Sucky I know as you don't see much for your £600 (ie no big shiny thing under the bonnet!!), but a car thats not stripping tyres surely should be a priority?? Just my tuppence worth. :)

when i go for drives on roads i dont know where it gets annoying as i have no idea what the roads are like and its just arse clenching mad! (like last night on the way to South Mimms )

Sorry again about that dude, i completely forgot you cant go normal speeds with those 'special' wheels, seriousl though you need to get the arches sorted else you may as well put a 1.3 in it :lol:

when i go for drives on roads i dont know where it gets annoying as i have no idea what the roads are like and its just arse clenching mad! (like last night on the way to South Mimms )

Sorry again about that dude, i completely forgot you cant go normal speeds with those 'special' wheels, seriousl though you need to get the arches sorted else you may as well put a 1.3 in it :lol:

No worries mate lol. Its ok on the large roads, i held back after my BIG rub as i didnt know what the state of the tyres was but on the way home she got some stick again :D its mainly towns that it doesnt like because lets face it every town you go through has absolute w*nk roads in this country so i just have to take my time, which i usually would through towns anyway! But it is annoying though!

I might go and have a word with Steve Denton at Premier and see what can be done!

alright rob a dob, i would def get ya arches done 1st mate, i know you want the charger but there no point having all that power if you cant use it for fear of shredding a tyre and ending in a ditch, bit dramatic i know but hey!! also worth doin as you'll end up doin wat i did on sat and took a chunk out of 1 of my front arches as i changed tyre sizes from a 215/35 to a 215/40. didnt think it would be a massive difference buttttt after puttin it on and goin round the block, came home and raised it 15mm and it was still doin it, got home again and missing a chuck of flared arch!!! :shock: :( so do the arches 1st then charge it, otherwise could end up as an expensive mistake!! and steve denton is no longer at premier mate, he left and set up stylehaus, still in northampton tho. if you need his addy drop me a line and i'll let ya know and pop down with ya

I was wondering when you were going to pop up Ben :lol: yes mate let me know where this Stylehaus place is and we can take a ride over there at some point. I have all next week off as its my 'oily mitts' week working on the car, SO if you have any time on one of the days next week we could go down there and get a quote. I dont think im going to be able to afford what you have had though Ben, its just going to be too much money :( but i will se what they can do.

i think you would have a lot less clearance issues if you were running 215/35/16's

i think you would have a lot less clearance issues if you were running 215/35/16's

Very true, just means a less comfortable ride with lower profile tyres on and its not exactly comfortable at the minute lol! I will get some quotes around and see what my best option will be. TBH though even with lower profile tyres on it may stop the general catching but its still bound to catch on big bumps only being 5mm smaller surely!

yeah i'll be about next week mate, afternoons would be best for me. ive gotta pop to a place round the corner from steve's to get my alignment done when all my goodies are on. can prob do at the same time. drop me a txt mate

yeah i'll be about next week mate, afternoons would be best for me. ive gotta pop to a place round the corner from steve's to get my alignment done when all my goodies are on. can prob do at the same time. drop me a txt mate

Sounds good mate! See you next week some time :)