Sign in to follow this  
g60jbwr

g60 rocker gasket leak .

hello people ! had a leak slight leak for a few weeks now , which only seemed to leave a patch on floor when engine hadn't been started for a few days ,looking like lots of oil but hardly affecting oil level on dipstick i feared it may be a crank seal next to pulleys because of were the oil was falling ,but i've been under the car torch in hand and took timing cover off to get a bit of light from above and it looks like the oil is running down from the rocker cover gasket . as you look at the rocker cover from above its on the oil cap side at the back .

it is something i will tackle myself so what parts will i need , i think just a rocker gasket ?

do i have to remove the throttle body and the isv or will they just move when rocker bolts are undone ?

anyone got a spare rocker cover for sale ? mine is been painted and looks manky .

thanks for reading ,

regards

Gaz .

yeah mate easy diy job for a sat morning...just need the gasket

i think the isv will move once you cut the cable ties...its no biggie to remove it anyway, prob worth cleaning while your in there

i'm looking at getting a polished rocker , but they look different to the one on my g60 :? , the oil cap is flush with top of rocker , all the polished ones seem to have a oil fill cap that sticks up from top of rocker . will these still fit wouldnt wana buy it n it not be ok ?

thanks for quick reply . :)

Gaz .