Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Like The 60's if you can remember it you weren't there!

Mind you I was there and really can't remember a lot! Except I'm sure it was '97 and not '96???

And to all the "young-uns" Yes we really did dress like that and had thos silly haircuts too! :shock:

Amazing howmany things come back... Forgot that was the year two American Pro-Stocks were shipped over, and destroyed in Roll-Overs due to crosswinds... Scary crashes but both drivers walked away IIRC...

I went to the one in '96. They had The Shamen live on stage!

I rememeber both Bernard Newbury's karmann ghia and 'Homerun'. Totally awe inspiring

How many beetles did they destroy to build that?

Defo a car on 'the list' though, as are so many!!

IIRC Thy were all scrappers... A lot of the cars had Huge holes in them... and most were late 70's which were worth nada back then...

Stu Yeah Bernie's car was an absolute stopper.. we even managed to get him to "Debut" it at a club night... I'd also forgotton that Michael Leche's "Homer" was orginally two colours, until an unfortunate garage accident, and Michael only had the peach/beige left so it went to one colour (and was much better IMHO).

Love the shots from inside "Uncle Keith's" True DKP car.. shows how brutal a 13 sec Bug really is... And remember kiddies that was only running 180 horses... show's the 1/4 mile advantage of RWD and Rear engines.. Traction, Traction Traction...