Sign in to follow this  
G60_91

1 by 1 all electrics are failing on me!!! please help!

I went to open my G this morning and found the central locking isnt working, from remote or manually. I thought i must need a new pump or something, but when i got in and drove along the elec windows werent working.

On my way to work today i have lost the following things and have checked over a few of the fuses but they all look fine. Ive just done a quick search on here and google and found a few things realting to a 'convenience control unit' which has the same symptoms as mine. I did give it a wash yesterday and apparantley this can blow when there is a severe leak?

ive lost.....sunroof, windows, fogs, heated rear screen, wipers, heaters/blowers, central locking...

but these still work....headlights, spoiler (typical!) elec mirrors, radio, interior lights.

any help would be much appreciated as it looks like rain today and i will be stuck at work if i canna get my wipers goin!! :(

Im a bit stuck till my lunch hour now, i was going to go through and check them all at dinner but i was late in this morning anyway so cant really go and have a look. If i go for a sly smoke break in a min i will check, which ones are they?

When you say the 2 above the fuse box, are those the large square numbered plug in fuses with 3 spade connectors?

my auto electrionics knowledge is appalling sorry.

they control the e/w and c/l..........mine kept blowing last year..........they are literally on top of the fuse box as an add-on.....so not too visible when checking the fuses

cant see them at the minute, will i need to take any other trim off apart from the skuttle covering the fuseboard to get to them?

My windows and c/l were the first to go, but could that have a knock on effect to my other electrics failing?

ok, ive checked for 2 fuses above the main board but cant see any. there's 1 which is hanging loose with the wires taped to it and there are also 2 wires hanging down taped together. They look like something left from the alarm install but i dont know for certain.

is the fuse/relay panel the same on all corrado's?

Had a word with a mechanic mate who is looking at my car on thurs as a favour. On the phone he said it sounded like an earth fault to cause all those things to go in one morning. Has anyone had a similar problem at all or do you know if the items that have failed are on a seprate earth connection to those that are still working ok?

he's said as much info i can give him to narrow down what he is looking for will save him some time and money. Any comments or help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

sam