Sign in to follow this  
Laughingboy

Quickshift kits

Just wondering if anyone has one on their corrado as the throws seem very long in my C! :(

What sort of money are they and what would everyone recommend?

I've got Dieselgeek quickshift fitted to mine, basically it's a modified standard shifter plus a side to side reducer and I'm very happy with it. I know people in here have modified their own shifters with good results, but I'm a mechanical incompetent and didn't really want to DIY it.

http://www.dieselgeek.com/

Other options seem to be the Neuspeed shifter, which is reputed to be excellent, but very, very expensive and the B+M one which is more affordable but gets some really poor feedback on this forum anyway.

If you do a search, there are a few threads covering modifying your own, which looks like the most affordable option if you're capable of doing the machining yourself. Otherwise the Dieselgeek one, which is basically the same thing, seems good to me.

Yes,

I got a Dieselgeek one.........excellent piece of kit, both side and fore and aft throws are considerably reduced.....gears go in with a very satisfying 'click' now.

A bit of an a*se to fit., you need a Dremel to cut out the tunnel to fit, but that's the only downside.