Sign in to follow this  
John-M

Retumbling Door Locks

I've had a good read of the wiki article on retumbling door locks - but does anyone know if this technique can be applied to the boot lock and also to the ignition barrel/lock ??

Boot lock - yes, it's easy to remove the barrel from inside the boot lid, just force the pin out which holds the washer on the back of the barrel, you'll see what I mean when you look at it. you'll need to remove the panel from the inner of the boot lid obviously.

Ignition - no, not at all. The usual way is to get a new key cut (stamped by the dealer) to match the car's key number - this is then a 'original' ignition key (providing the ignition hasn't been changed..) and then re-tumble the rest of the locks to suit.

I can re-tumble door / boot locks, including removing the barrel from the handle / boot lid, stripping, cleaning and re-assembling with grease etc. It also frees off you handles nicely.

If anyone's interested in this as a service, if anywhere near Hull they can bring vehicle - I can do all three in about an hour. Alternatively can mail me handle and I can return in post - let me know if anyone's interested??

This applies to Corrado's and Mk2 Golfs...

Chris.