Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

Low Oil Pressure G60

Hi Guys,

The oil warning light and beeper on my G60 had been giving a bleep every now and again after a motorway blast so i did what other had suggestted having searched i.e. replaced the the high and low sensors, oil and filter change which didnt really help. I had an oil pressure guage hooked up today and its showing about half the pressure it should be which is not good.

From reading posts on teh search the likely candidates are a blocked pick-up or the pump itself but the mechanic said it coudl be a whole heap of things. the engine has done just over 100k with no leaks and after chaging the oil it was purring like a kitten so i dont think it could be the big end.

Should i be worried; could it be something other than the pump and pick-up?

like your mechanic said, it could be a whole host of things. only thing to do is take the engine apart and change the bearings and pump and hope that is the problem

Sorry but i didnt get an exact value but the mechanic said it was half what it should be on idle etc. I dont think i can take anymore problems with this thing - everytime i see light at the end of the (3 year long) tunnel my hpoes are well and truely dashed!

right it could be a worn pump...so id replace that but before you do this disconnect the breather hose and see if the car is brathing heavy.....if it is then its a rebuild on the piston rings side..... im going thru the same prob

i replace the charger seals twice over only to find out the oil was coming from the breather....taken her apart sure enuff rings are messed and need replacing. messed rings also mean oil burn and you dnt always see oil burn thru the exhaust....throw a bucket of water over the back of the car...youll knw if the car is burning oil as the water droplets will show up on the oil fils caking the back of the car

hope this helps thats the only thing i can suggest....