Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Spoiler - What makes it work????

Hi all got a question for ya!!, Due to my Divorce I had to sell my beloved Rado!!, I am now running round in our old family 1.8T sat!! anyway, all that aside, I wanted to keep one of the bits I like best about the rado and see if I could make it work on the sat and that is the active rear spoiler (until I can afford another Rado!!)

So here's the question, what makes the spoiler activate at speed?

What I want to do is take an old rado boot and remove the rams that lift the spoiler, and then fit them to the spoiler on my passat..following so far?

I think that bit will be relatively easy, and I guess i could get it to raise on a switch, but I want it to be trick and raise and lower on its own at speed.

Any idea's people????

Thanks

You may want to check into the Jetta and Passat forums on VW Vortex as a number of folks on there have done this very mod - not sure if they've managed to actually make it activate at speed but i've seen more than one example of those cars with a Corrado active spoiler fitted!