Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Alternative to crap Rado sunroof mechanism?

Is there an alternative to this? I've spent the last few weekends attempting to replace my sunroof mechanism, and it just looks very over complicated and highly likely to break! Is there an alternative mechanism that fits?

passat moonroof, b3 from an estate. pretty sure you fit the metal rado panel to this (or get one from a passat with a metal sunroof). Pretty sure mk2 golf ones fit but they only slide or tilt (or vise versa, cant remeber off the top of my head. Failing that series 2 audi 80 ones will fit too with a bit of work.

HTH

Gav

I don't think the B3 Passat Moonroof is any better. I bought one from a scrappy and the cable/alloy guide was broken, just like the Corrado ones!

I don't think the B3 Passat Moonroof is any better. I bought one from a scrappy and the cable/alloy guide was broken, just like the Corrado ones!

If it was economically feasible i would have the sunroof taken out and the hole welded up and the roof resprayed, but obviously that will cost muchos dollaros

If it was economically feasible i would have the sunroof taken out and the hole welded up and the roof resprayed, but obviously that will cost muchos dollaros

So why not just sod it and leave the sunroof closed?

So why not just sod it and leave the sunroof closed?

Funny you should mention that because that's exactly what im doing. Once i get the interior panel back in correctly (which is doing my nut in) im going to correctly line up the sunroof and then disconnect the cable so that it cannot be opened. I dont see the point in sunroofs anyway, they annoy me. So once its back in its never being moved ever again.