Sign in to follow this  
mk1g60

name that ronal!!

i bought my rado with 15" tsw wheels on it that look a bit poor, this was in the boot as a spare when i bought the car and i quite like it so i need to find another 3 so what are they called??

000_0315.jpg

000_0317.jpg

000_0316.jpg

sorry for the poor pics, camera is older than the rado :lol:

well after doing a bit of googling it looks like im going to have a right nightmare finding another 3 to give me a matching set.

dont suppose you know if these came as an optional extra from vw do you? in 15"

or maybee i should pass it on to someone with a set of 4 so they get a matching spare?

i saw it in the boot and thought , "never seen those before", didnt realise they were this awkward to get though

I have a full set (that's 5) of these wheels! Been trying to find out what they are for ages! I think they were a dealer option at the time. Mine are all in varying condition one is particularly buckled but the other four are straight as an arrow, they will come up very nicley though. I had the edges colour coded dark green metallic and they looked great. PM me as i may be pursaded to make a sale.

I have a full set (that's 5) of these wheels! Been trying to find out what they are for ages! I think they were a dealer option at the time. Mine are all in varying condition one is particularly buckled but the other four are straight as an arrow, they will come up very nicley though. I had the edges colour coded dark green metallic and they looked great. PM me as i may be pursaded to make a sale.

the one i have as a spare is 6.5j wide, i picked up a 15" 7j one of these at inters today (for £30) thinking that it would be the same as my spare (just a little wider obviously) but no, the ronal r15 has flat spokes where with my spare the spokes curve slighly in towards the middle of the wheel (just so it looks like theres a bigger dish i guess) so i dont think the one i have is a r15 unless there was a design change between 6.5j and 7j

saw a mk1 with a set of the 6.5j ronals and asked him if he fancied flogging me the wheels, and bonus hes getting new wheels soon so they are mine for £100, they will need some work as they have been painted and im looking at a 200 mile round trip to fetch them but cant be bad for that price