Sign in to follow this  
raypau

Wet floor

Just a quick question to one and all. Just had my C in the garage for overheating problems, had the electrics redone in the process since the VW dealer said the car wasn't overheating :cry:

Now had the car back and it blew steam on the windscreen, heater matrix problem I think, think someone else had the same problem. VW put rad weld in a tested it, they thought it was ok.

Got it back and found that my coolant tank was empty, but I had a very wet floor!!! Is this a sign that I need a new heater matrix or is it something more sinster?

Rad weld!! i'd complain to VW UK that stuff is naff and bungs up the engines cooling system. I wonder if rad weld is approved for use in VW dealerships.

AFAIK there is only two things that can cause the footwell to get wet like that (short of having the window open in the carwash) one is the heater matrix going and the other is having rainwater get in due to major heavy rain

have you checked that the plenum chamber isn't blocked? My MK2 was once blocked there meaning that instead of water draining down the inside of the wings it was coming into the car.... may be worth a browse?

Cheers guys for the help.

Reckon it is the heater matrix since my windscreen fogged up with what I presume to coolant, has happened twice now so am guessing that is the root of it.

Now that I know that radweld should not be used with Vr's I think I will be having a stern word with VW. Is it recommended anywhere that radweld should not be used other than on this forum? Need ammunition!!!!

:D