Sign in to follow this  
trishar

Changing the barrel on a door handle

Help. I have just bought a replacement door handle for my corrado from a scrappy. He doesnt have the key but assured me that the barrels can just be changed over. The bloke who lives next door to me has told me this cant be done as the handles are a sealed unit. And yes it is a girl asking the question. Can this be done. ?

:D

Don't suppose anyoe knows who wrote that article. Spoken with dinkus as his name is down, but he only submitted it for someone else and (bless him, must have been hard day) he can't remember who it was. Was wanting to get hold of a few sets of sliders to recode 3 locks, but don't want to pay the £40 for the big bags of them and the erpson who wrote it mentioned about making up some sets for people.....

Sorry fella, can't remember.

You could jsut find some other VWs of a similar age - they have the same tumblers.

Woo hoo, after not tracking down anyone with loads of the sliders in time, took it round to my stealership. They did 2 barrels for me for £10 :D