Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

sunroof water gutter chanell locations?

took my roof lining down today to find out why the sunroof dont work, cut along story short it got disconnected from the switch as all the runners where bent and smashed. so loooks like a new roof panal, anyway, i noticed that the nsr dtain hole was blockd and that the water was just sitting in the sunroof rails, ive got all the interior stripd out but i cant find out where the drain tube exits? is it behind the bumper? inner wing? i havent a clue, someone help me out please as i have not got chance to go and buy a manual yet.

thanks alot

simon

I would also like to know where they exit. Im currently in the middle of replacing mine at the moment, its taken alot longer than i wanted it to due to the rain and the inevitable problems (these things never go to plan). I've poked some wiring down all the drainage holes to make sure they're not blocked, but the cable seems to go further down some than others, so if i know where they lead to then i can test to see when the cable comes out.

the rear drainage tubes pop out of the rear quarters behind the bumper side pieces. the fronts appear at the bottom of the windscreen pillar and the tube ends in the gap between the door and wing panel.

thank you very much for your help! much appreciated, now i can clear them holes so the panal dosnt get all coverd in water again :)

thanks again

simon

:( no problem now, i found it, ... went to pull it as it must have been kinked when i straightend it, a whole load of black crud came whoosing down my arm, as my hand was wedged inbetween the bumper i cudnt pull it out quick enough so i got coverd, :lol: now that ones clear i will check in the morning to see if they work fine now so fingers crossd no more wet roof lining! :D chears for the help!